Monday, November 29, 2010

Goat Cheese Black Bean Burger & Turkey Burger

 I have learned a few things things this past weekend.

Such as, 
pacifiers are not just for babies.

Puppies need pacifiers too.


My child will probably never trust me again.



"Sure mommy, i'll let you put an ice cube in my mouth, cuz I love you!"





"Hmmm, something doesn't taste right."


"That definitely didn't taste right"





"Why does my head feel funny mommy?"


"I will never trust you again mommy."


Besides that, 

Goat Cheese Stuffed Black Bean Burgers are my new favorite thing.

Goat Cheese Stuffed Black Bean Burgers:
Adapted from Allrecipes

Ingredients:
1 Can black beans
1/2 bell pepper (I used green but you can use yellow/red/orange)
1/2 Onion
1 TB chopped garlic 
1 egg
1 TB chili powder
1 TB cumin
Dash of hot sauce
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Goat cheese (I used herb and garlic seasoned)

Directions:
1. Mash black beans
2. Finely chop onions, bell pepper, and garlic
3. Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix together
4. Form into smaller patties (4), reserving less than half the batter
5. Press goat cheese onto tops of patties
6. Using remaining batter, top patties so goat cheese is covered
7. Either pan fry or bake at 375 for about 35 minutes

So you start of with a simple can of black beans.
I love them beans.


For some reason I have this song stuck in my head,
"Beans, beans, the magical fruit. The more you eat the more you...."

Then you mash them...I used a potato masher...
Worked JUST FINE


Then chop your pepper, onion, and garlic.



Gather your spices, crumbs, and the egg.


Throw all ingredients into the bowl, and mash.



Then don't forget the star of the show.


You don't have to use goat cheese...
I guess...
Your problem, not mine =]

Top your patties with goat goodness.


Then top with remaining batter.


I baked mine, but pan fried would probably taste better.


Then top with all the fixings,


Such as,
avacado, lettuce, tomatoe, onion, hummus, ketchup, mustard, chocolate...
wait....
no never mind,
chocolate taste just fine on it.
Don't worry, I tried it.



 And for those of you who are lame, and don't want to try a black bean burger...


Try this turkey burger that I made for the "male" members in my family...aka sissy men who don't branch 
out =]
you know who you are.

P.S.
My dad said it was the best turkey burger he has ever had.
But he's my dad, and he is supposed to say that.

Turkey Burger
Adapted By: How sweet it is

Ingredients:
1-2 pounds lean ground turkey 
1 TB. olive oil
1/2 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tsp. chopped garlic
dash of tabasco 
1/2 TB onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 TB. dried parsley
dash of salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash together
2. Form patties
3. Cook on skillet until cooked all the way through.

Make sure to share with everyone...








No comments:

Post a Comment