Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pumpkin Banaynay Bread

Probably one of the biggest questions after thanksgiving is,
"How much weight did you gain?"
"What Do I do with all these left overs?"

As we contemplated what we should make, none of us could agree on the same thing.

Therefore, we all did something different.

We are kinda a complicated family.

I kept it simple. I just heated the leftovers and grubbed.

One of my brothers got a little more creative.


Turkey, cheese, mashed potatoes, and gravy panini.


That's not even that weird compared to what my older brother made.


Turkey, cheese, goat cheese, and pineapple pizza.

I'm guessing that it's an acquired taste.

Moving on.


This morning I had chocolate for breakfast. I've said this before, It's the ONLY way to start the day.



No, that's not melted chocolate on top of a banana. 
Although I could be kidding just cuz I don't want to be judged.
Actually it's dark chocolate peanut butter.
WAY better for you =]

Normally I make a bread at the beginning of the week so the hubby and I can enjoy it for breakfast.


And considering that I bough 56 cans of pumpkin puree, afraid that they would run out due to the season, I made pumpkin banana bread.


It was super moist, which is really the only way I like my bread.
And I used alot of natural ingredients, so I felt better when I ate half the loaf in one sitting.
Kidding 
Kidding
I felt really guilty




Pumpkin Banaynay Bread
adapted from: Peas & Thank you

Ingredients:
1 3/4 Cups Whole Weat Pastry Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Ginger
3/4 Cup Sucanat (or brown sugar)
1/4 Cup Vegan Butter, or canola oil
1/2 Cup Non Dairy Milk (Or regular Milk)
2 over ripe Bananas
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup (Heaping) Pumpkin Puree

Pumpkin Butter (Optional)

Directions:
1. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine butter and (sucanat) sugar, and beat until combined. Add milk, vanilla, & pumpkin and mix until incorporated. 
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
4. Now, if you want to, you can add pumpkin butter, which I made a few weeks back. Just take about a 1/3 cup of Pumpkin Butter, and using a mixing spatula, swirl it in the batter. You don't have to fully incorporate it, but just enough. If you don't want to do this, you can skip this step.
5. Pour batter into greased bread pan, and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.


Now go suck your thumb, lay on the couch, and wish you didn't eat 5 servings of grandmas sweet potato casserole. 




No comments:

Post a Comment