Monday, June 28, 2010

Heaven and Hell RETRY

Ok so a few weeks ago a posted about a cake I made called Heaven and Hell Cake. The cake turned out delicious but I wasn't impressed by the way it looked lol. The cake required lots of effort, and I got lazy in the end, and didn't do a very good job....

Ok so lets jump to today! A good friend of mine is celebrating their birthday today, and the LOVED the H & H cake. So I gave it another try.

This time I made it all from scratch, and took my time. Let me tell you, it came out alot better =] and a little prettier haha

Just a reminder, Heaven and Hell cake is layers of Devils food cake, peanut butter mousse, angel food cake, and chocolate ganache.

First off I made the angel food cake from scratch. I was a little worried about it, but it didn't fall flat at ALL! It was a proud moment.

Some of the layers in this cake include a peanut butter cream cheese mousse. Seriously, party in your mouth!

Nothing like using almost a whole 40 oz tub of peanut butter to do the trick!
Now think about this...Combine that peanut butter, with 3 bricks of cream cheese, some cream, and sugar and you have got your mousse. Are you still there...I think I got a cavity just looking at the picture =]
Then you wrap all the layers together and let it sit in the fridge. This is so it holds well. My last cake was leaning way to one side, so I made sure I did a better job this time.
Then you smear with ganache...chocolatey warm ganache...


I think I need a big glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment