Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bun in the Oven

So the time finally arrived...
It had been a long 9 months, and I am happy to say that my little baby girl is currently snuggled in my arms.

Hopefully this is a GOOD enough excuse as to why I have been M.I.A. on the blogger lately.
Forgive me? =]

Ok so I'm sure you want to hear the story right?...
if not, well then "THE HECK WITH YOU!"...jk


Ok so here I am a few days before my precious angel arrived. I look happy...but deep inside, I WANTED the baby OUT! =]

Ok so funny story. A couple days before I went into labor, I was walking around the mall with my husband, when we went into Barney's New York and there was a worker who kept staring at us. He had an extremely thick accent, and he looked at me and said, "your having a girl." And I said, "why yes I am!" And then he said, "I predict you will have her on thursday." All i could think of was...creeeepy..

Ok so fast forward to Wednesday and I went to the beach and walked for a hour plus (I was really determined.) Then I came home and walked on the treadmill. (did i mention i really wanted to have that baby) My due date was friday so I was hoping it would happen soon. Ok so wednesday after I had walked like a million miles, I noticed I was bleeding. It was minor so i figured it was nothing. But I must admit, I had never been so excited to be bleeding...(sorry gross)...but I knew that meant labor was near.

Ok so on Thursday my grandpa came down with my cousin to keep me company. I had been quite bored waiting around for my baby girl, and I had scrubbed the kitchen floor so much it was close to wearing off! I didn't feel so great that day, in fact I felt weird. For one I had to go to the bathroom every 5-10 minutes because there was just so much pressure. Then I started to get really crampy, and it was super uncomfortable. I started thinking, hmmm it can't be...But then they got stronger, and they got closer and closer together. So I started timing these pains, and they were exactly 4 minutes apart. All the sudden I wanted it to stop. I decided right then that I wasn't ready to give birth. Obviously too late. SO I called the hubby and he RUSHED home (he was super excited), he threw me in the car, no joke, and we were off. I told him, "you know dear, I am not going to give birth in the car. We have time." What I was really thinking is, "if you don't slow down over these darn speed bumps and turns I am going to scream!"

As soon as we got to the hospital I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced. They made me walk for a half hour while they got my room ready, which by the way was my FAVORITE part of labor....NOT! As soon as that torture was over we got in our room and the nurse asked if I needed anything, and guess what I said? EPIDURAL! I am kinda a baby when it comes to pain.

Here I am, lovely as ever. Waiting for the epidural....patiently...
After the epidural, I felt great! Unfortunately I couldn't even move my feet, but HECK, I didn't care! I didn't want to feel a thing! But just my luck, I was soo numb, that they had to turn off the epidural JUST so i could push. I was very upset...very mad..and I let the nurses, doctors, hubby, family, and patients on the same floor know it!

After 19 hours of labor, and 1 1/2 hours of pushing...

The greatest blessing in my life.
I am still iffy on whether I want to go private on the blogger or not. I have TONS of cute photos, and stories, but I don't like posting stuff about my child when anyone can look at my profile. But I also LOVE to share stories about my baking adventures. I don't really know what to do. But if you read my blog, and want to continue to follow it, leave me your email in a comment JUST in case I decide to go private.

I'll be back shortly, I have a baking adventure this weekend. CUPCAKES!! WOO HOO!

p.s. Did i forget to mention the creepy guy from Barney's was right?





1 comment:

  1. woman i love following your blog and chocolate yums!!if you go private i would love you to add my email chelseylauren115@hotmail.com by the way this is chelsey bogh.lol

    ReplyDelete