Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Brownie Heaven


I have never been good at making brownies. For some reason I can't get the baking time right. Either I don't leave them in long enough, or I leave them in too long.

I think because I am better at making cakes. And it's easier to tell when a cake is done, than a brownie...well to me anyway =]

But I decided to conquer my brownie fear, and make some brownies with my own twist!
If your looking for a SUPER rich, SUPER dense, and SUPER moist brownies, well then these will work for you =] That and it REQUIRES a BIG glass of cold milk!

Take a look...

Moist
Dense
Rich

Want to try these brownies on your own? It's a really easy recipe.

Brownie Heaven Recipe/ PMS Brownies

For Brownies:

1 box Ghirardelli brownie mix
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini marshmallows

For Frosting:
1/2 cup softened butter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 TB. Whipping Cream/Milk
2 cups Powdered Sugar (can add more or less depending on sweetness and consistency)

Instructions
1. Make brownies according to package
2. Mix in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
3. Bake at 325 for 45 min. (I baked mine at about that time, and they were really moist a kinda gooey, BUT they were perfect the next day. So cook according to your preference.)
4. Once baked, take out of oven and let cool while making frosting.
5. FROSTING: Beat all ingredients with egg beater, until frosting consistency. Should be somewhat thick.
6. After brownies have cooled for about 10-15 min, spread on brownies. (Brownies should still be somewhat warm.) You don't have to use all the frosting...i did though =]
7. It's best to let the brownies set a little bit, but if your tempted, dive right in!)
8. WARNING: Can cause chocolate coma...so eat sparingly =]

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment