Monday, July 19, 2010

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie



I have been a little on a baking kick lately. But I wanted to try something a little different. Ya'll know I am kinda a cakey cupcake chocolate queen, and I have never really done a PIE.

So I was trying to think of what kind of pie to make, and of coarse...WHAT do you think came to mind...ChOcOlAtE!! Bwahaha

BUT I put my food down and said NO! You must step out of that comfort zone and try something different...Let me tell you I was very nervous =] (Can you say DoRk?)

I decided on a Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie...Kinda summery, and really delicious.

I turned to one of my favorite chefs, Mrs. Paula Deen, for the filling recipe.
It is SUPER simple, and it uses one of my FAVORITE ingredients. Sweetened Condensed Milk =]

Click HERE for filling recipe.

To start off with, take either a pre-made pie crust or homemade one. You can do any flavor of crust, I chose a gingersnap crust.


Once pie is in filling, set in the fridge to chill for a little. During this time you can slice up strawberries for the topping. Once all the strawberries are cute up, place on top of the pie, and place back in refrigerator.


Next I made a strawberry glaze, a recipe which I got off the internet. I can't find my recipe at the moment, but any glaze will do. This one had a little bit of strawberry jello, and sugar if that helps.


Then you just drizzle the glaze on top, and put back in the fridge.

To top it all off I made fresh whipped cream (just heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar), and piped it on top of the pie.

(Excuse the pic from the I phizzle of the half eaten pie. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.)

For my first time branching out I did a pretty good job, but I think I am going to challenge myself a little bit more. For my next experiment I am going to bring back my partner in crime...chocolate...

You didn't think I would forget about chocolate?? =]




No comments:

Post a Comment