Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cookies TO GO

Have you heard of Hungry-Girl?!?
If not you MUST check them out. They have tons of tips and tricks to cut back on your favorite foods, and make them a little healthier, A-LOT less in calories, and still delicious!

OK, so this morning I was eating some cereal, Fiber One if you must know =], and I noticed a recipe on the back from Hungry-Girl for these Grab N Go Breakfast cookies. They sounded really interesting, and I decided to give it a whirl.

Of coarse I added a few tweaks here and there, but they are pretty yummy! They are perfect for a snack after a work out, something to take on a hike, or a "Grab N Go" breakfast when your headed out the door in a hurry.

Tell me what you think? I am assuming you can try different types of flavors/varieties so get creative!



Grab N Go Breakfast Cookies
Recipe adapted from Hungry-Girl

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Old fashioned oats
1/4 cup + 2 TB Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Splenda (I used organic vegan cane sugar)
2 TB. Brown sugar (I skipped this, but they definitely would have been a little sweeter with it)
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon (I added an extra 1/8th tsp nutmeg)
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar free vanilla powdered creamer (skipped this)
1/3 cup pureed peaches (found in baby food isle)
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin (I used 1 banana)
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (I used 1 egg)
1 TB. Golden raisins & 1 TB Craisins
* I also added 1 TB coconut, about 3 TB agave nectar, and I may have added 1-2 TB mini chocolate chips =], as well as 1 TB vanilla, flax seed, and wheat germ.*

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In a food processor, grind up fiber one cereal until bread crumb consistency. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl. Then add oats, flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. * If you want to add the nutmeg, do that here.
3. In another medium bowl, dissolve powdered creamer in 2 TB hot water. Then add peaches, pumpkin (or your choice of pureed fruit), egg substitute (or regular egg), and mix thoroughly. *If your going to add vanilla do it here*Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
4. Stir in raisins and craisins, and any other ingredients you prefer.
5. Scoop cookies onto prepared greased baking sheet. Flaten top of cookies just a little with a spoon.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Grab N Go


No comments:

Post a Comment