Monday, November 30, 2009

Candy Bar Cookies

I am sure many of you have tons of left over Halloween Candy...

I know we do...

And well it is almost Christmas, and I figured it was time I did SoMeThInG with them..



So I chopped it all up...yes every single one!



Mixed it into some chocolate cookie dough...
Scooped it into lil' balls



And put em in the oven =]

When they came out....MMMM they were tasty looking =]



But You know me...I just had to add more chocolate
(Since we didn't have any chocolate chips, or mini M&M's)

So I melted some Hershey Bars
(also from Halloween)


And spread it on top of the cookies =]


Very dangerous of me

Here is the recipe:

Candy Bar Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup powdered chocolate...I used sweetened Ghiradelli
1 1/2 cups FLour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
24 mini candy bars chopped up...Any desired..I used Milky Way, Crunch, Kit Kat, Reeses, Butterfinger, and Snickers (4 of each)
**If you have chocolate chips (mini works best) or mini M&M's, add about 3/4 cup. If you don't then melt about 10-14 mini Hershey's Bars in microwave for 30-40 seconds and used for frosting.

Directions:
1. Beat butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Add dry ingredients and beat until combined.
4. Mix in candy.
5. Scoop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.
6. If using melted chocolate, spread on cookies when cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment