Monday, November 16, 2009

Less than 100 Calorie Cookies FOR REAL!!

I am hoping that the title of this post catches your eye =] because it is pretty darn AMAAAAAZIN'!! So it all started when I was thinking about what I should bake next, when I realized I didn't have any eggs! (Even though it was really easy to get into my car, and drive to the grocery store LOL) BUT I was ready for a challenge. SO I thought long and hard and came up with this...

A chocolate chip pumpkin spice cookie!! And it goes PERFECT for the holiday season!

This cookie has whole wheat flour, which is ALOT better than using white flour. Instead of eggs I replaced it with Pumpkin Puree, which is naturally low in calories and fat. Both of these ingredients have tons of added health benefits.
Ok so here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4-1 cup mini chocolate chips
Cinnamon sugar mixture:
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients) in a small bowl and whisk together.
  2. Combine butters and sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add in pumpkin and vanilla and combine. Gradually add in dry ingredients.
  3. Mix in chocolate chips
  4. In a separate bowl mix together ingredients for cinnamon sugar and set aside.
  5. Using a mini ice cream scooper, scoop out dough and roll into a ball. Then roll in cinnamon sugar and place on greased cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 11-13 minutes




Here are the cookies pre-oven...all cute and pretty rolled in cinnamon sugar =]



These cookies are roughly around 80-90 calories! I KNOW! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment