Breakfast for Dinner??!!? It is pretty common in our household for the hubby and I to enjoy a breakfast food for dinner, in fact at least once a week my hubby request we have pancakes or french toast for din din! I always give in...he is just too cute! Ok so let's take a look at these bad boys!
Whole wheat deliciousness...But wait! Let's make it better...
How about some buttery-caramely banaynay's? (Is that a word?)
But WAIT there's more! Do NOT forget the syrup!!
Oh my baby baby!
Wait I think you just need to see it one more time...=]Ok so here is the recipe:
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Ingredients: Serves 15-18 Pancakes
2 Cups Whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
ONE HEAPING 1/4 cup brown sugar...
2 Cups Buttermilk
1/4 Vegetable Oil
- Mix dry ingredients together and then add wet ingredients
- Using 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter onto heated greased griddle
- Cook until top of pancake bubbles and edges are a little brown. Flip to other side and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Batter can be stored in an air tight refrigerator for about a week
Buttery Caramelized Banaynay's:
Ingredients: One serving
One Banana (Chopped)
1-2 Tablespoons melted butter
1-2 Heaping Tablespoons brown sugar
- Place chopped banaynay, butter, and brown sugar in sauce pan on low heat. Stir occasionally until it slightly simmers. Turn heat down to low and heat mixture for 3 minutes. Pour over pancakes.
Now grab a cold glass of milk...or in the hubby's case some Ovaltine =]...and enjoy your breakfast for din din!!