Friday, December 4, 2009

**Baby it's cold outside**


That is right...

It is freezing!!

I mean I am Almost tempted to take of the flip flops, and sport the tennis =\

BUT im not THAT close =]

Ok so it may not be as cold as let's say ReXbuRg, Idaho (20 degrees) haha shout out to my peeps freezin' their booties off!

Anyways, this is as cold as it will probably get this Christmas season, and I couldn't be happier!

Because this is what Christmas feels like to me!

So I decided to make ONE(because there is many) of the hubbster's and I's fav christmas cookies =]

Chew Chocolate **Mint** Gingerbread Cookies

I know that basically has Christmas written all over it!

So normally these cookies are made with regular chocolate chips, BUT I found these tempting mint chips at Targe' (pronounced Tar-jay) and I had to try them out!



So these cookies are full of such seasonal flavor, some molasses, tons of ginger, cloves & cinnamon. Before baking they are normally rolled in sugar, BUT I like to roll them in this awesome RAW sugar. It taste the same, it is just bigger chucks.


I think that is about how many cookies I got out of the batch, because I ate all the dough =]...haha ok maybe not all of it, but pretty close =]


So this recipe comes from the one and only cookie queen herself, Martha Stewart. I did change a few things, for example I add a little more cinnamon, nutmeg, and cocoa powder. (I made them heaping tsp or TB). I also usually add dark chocolate chips, OR now the mint chips. AND I rolled them in the RAW sugar, compared to regular sugar. The baking time also suggest 10-12 minutes. I did about 7-8 and left them on the pan to harden. They can easily overcook.

Bundle up! ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog...thought those cookies look delicious...and then realized I know your husband! Did you go to BYU-I too? Anyway...I love this blog and I am going to check out your other one too. Very cute! I just thought I should explain before just following you for these recipes :)

    ReplyDelete