Sunday, March 21, 2010

Poppcorn Poppin'

My husband told me the other night he really wanted some caramel popcorn,
and when the hubby wants somethin...the hubby gets it =]

I aim to please!

I have never made caramel popcorn before, so I was a little worried about how it would turn out. I figured it couldn't be too hard to do...

I stand corrected! I found a delicious recipe, and it was super easy! Of coarse I jazzed it qtcakes style. I can never follow a recipe, I always have to add my touches...don't get me wrong...i have had many disasters when i don't follow directions =] But this time favored me, and turned out WOW BABY!

First you just throw all your ingredients right into the melting pot, and continually stire till all ingredients are melted and combined.

Once melted stir into popcorn, and quickly form into quick lil' balls. CAREFUL its friggin' hot! I burned my self quit a few times, but I have the skin of a dragon, so i survived. Also make sure you continually cover your hands in butter, so it doesn't stick to those fingers =]
AWE cute!

To view the recipe in full check it out HERE...
BUT!..
Here is what I did differently:
-I used about 3 bags movie theater popcorn, instead of doing it the old fashioned way
-I added a 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips

I didn't do to much different, but it was already a good thing, so it didn't need much changing.

Now if you need something a little bit more figure friendly there are many ways to spice up popcorn, with out adding tons of sugary goodness. (Did i say goodness??) I meant nonsense...i think =] You can add so many different spices or seasonings.

Whether you looking for something savory: adding garlic powder, taco seasoning, parmesan cheese, yada yada yada

Or something sweet: by adding dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet.
Get creative and search recipes on line..

Ok I myself am getting bored with all this nonsense!
Eat up you piggies! =] ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment