Monday, October 18, 2010

Butternut Squash Chili

I have a love/hate relationship with rainy days...
I love the feeling I get when I can cozy up with a nice warm bowl of food, watch tv, and just relax...
I hate that by the end of that rainy day I have procrastinated everything I needed to do during the day, including taking a shower =]

But all is well, my baby girl and I made some chili do warm our chili bodies...

By We I mean MYSELF...
The other lady slept =]

I love making chili because it's so easy. I basically grab whatever I have and throw it in a pot...
Then you let it simmer for a little bit, and it's all ready.
It makes my lazy day even lazier =]


Not only do I throw whatever I have INTO the chili, I also throw everything else I didn't use...ONTO the chili. It's really a nice thing =]



Butternut Squash Chili
1/2 Chopped Sweet onion
3 cloves garlic
2 cans kidney beans
1 large butternut squash chopped/cubed
(I used frozen cubed butternut squash-2 pkgs.)
1 chopped orange bell pepper
1 can corn
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomatoes
chili powder
cumin
salt 
pepper
nutmeg (Dash)

Topping:
avacado
tortilla chips
sour cream/greek yogurt
cilantro
etc...

Throw in pot, and let simmer for at least 30 min- 1hour
Keep warm and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment